Sunday, May 24, 2009

Grand Opening of Legoland in Wallingford, PA!

The Vance family has a Saturday tradition that involves waking up really early and going treasure hunting (that's code for going to garage sales), followed by waffles. I usually have something I'm looking for, like a toy for the kids or household item, and I get Marshall to join me by luring him with the possibility of finding someone's old stash of Legos or action figures. As luck would have it, this last Saturday all of Marshall's dreams came true. At the last garage sale of the morning, Marshall got a sweet deal on two huge boxes filled to the brim of the sweetest Legos he had ever beheld. After negotiating the price down (which you should always do at a garage sale - never pay asking price), we took the loot home and Marshall began the exploration of his new-found treasures. As I made the waffles, I kept hearing exclamations from Marshall (repeated by Isaac) like, "Sweet, I've been needing this piece," or "Whoa, cool!" My living room has looked like this for the last two days (Am I a mean wife/mom for making Marshall and Isaac clean them up until next weekend?).

No comments: